Friday, May 29, 2015

Calm after the Chaos!

   I have been really fortunate the last 3 years to have my kids go to school next door to each other.  While that is great, the traffic, well, it sucks!  I'll say that the most stress in my life has been during Pick up and Drop off at their schools.  There have been times that I could lose my testimony there, and I think I've said "moron" a few too many times!   I swear, people lose their minds and forget simple things like what to do at a 4 way stop!!  It's CRAZY!!!!

   As crazy as that time is, I love the calm in my house when we get home from school.  My kids love their rooms and honestly, I think they need the time to unplug.  They need solitude after being with 500+ kids all day.  I've worked in both of their schools, and if you remember your own school experience...it's LOUD in there!!! 

   I don't blame them a bit.  They both get a snack, hug on me for a bit (or sit next to me while I write this ) and then head to their rooms.  It's quiet. It's peaceful. It's good for their souls.

   Or maybe, they are dying to play on their phones, watch Netflix or play video games.  Either way, the quiet is nice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment