Wednesday, September 4, 2013

30 what??!??!!??!

So, I had a little bit of a panic attack the other day! I was registering for the Christy's Legacy of Hope's inaugural 5K and the age came up that I'll be at the time of the race...that is next week. I honestly had to do a double take & thought for a second that I put in the wrong year of my birth. Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks...I AM 37!!!! When did this happen??!!?? And then it dawned on me that my birthday is in 3 months...so I'll be 38!! (GASP!!!) 

Ummmm....I'm going to be 40 in 2 years and 3 months!!!! What???!!!??!!?? I didn't have a hard time with 30, or even 35, but 40? (Gulp....gasp!!) I'm having a difficult time swallowing that one! It made me start thinking about all the stuff I said that I wanted to do before I turned 40. I better get moving on this stuff!!!

Ok, here's my list....

1. Run a half marathon. I've ran in a few 5ks, but I need to start getting serious!!! 

2. Learn how to play the guitar. I have a really nice acoustic one...I'm lame! 

3. Visit 5 MLB ballparks. Yes, you would guess that someone with a blog that has baseball in it, would have something like this. Eventually, Adam & I want to go to every park...I think 5 in 2 summers is reasonable! :) 

4. Read my Bible from cover to cover. I know that I've read it all at some point, but I want to do this!!!

These are just a few things for the next couple years. Do you have a list like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment