Monday, September 16, 2013

Dreams Really Do Come True!!!!

So, obviously from the name of this blog, you are aware of my love of baseball! Well, I just want to give a quick shout out to one of my friends Matt Shoemaker!!!! Matt has been pitching as long as I can remember! Hubby and I would go and watch Matt at his high school baseball games and always knew that he was incredibly talented. It was no surprise to us, that after college, Matt was picked up by a Major League team. 

 For the last few years, Matt has been playing in the minor league system for the Los Angeles Angels. He's been pitching in their AAA affiliate Salt Lake City Bees and has been doing FANTASTIC!!! Not only has he led the AAA league in innings pitched, but also in strike outs. His ERA isn't too shabby either!! :) Yes, I love baseball...but back to the point of this....
Matt's team made it to the finals in his division, and although they lost, Matt received the call of his life...he was getting called up to the Majors!! I know that it has been a long time dream of his and his wife Danielle's. I am so proud of him and all he's accomplished!!! But, I'm even more proud of the fact that he has kept God first in his life!!! He has given God the glory in all of it!!! I have no idea, nor do Matt or Danielle, in what the future holds. We do know this for sure though...God knows! He knows it all...He is the one who was, is and is to come, and NOTHING surprises Him. It makes me giggle a bit to think that God knew just when that phone call was coming for Matt...so sweet to think about it like that!!!! 

 So, to Matt and Danielle....I love you guys and I am so excited for everything to come over the next few weeks!!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it on the sidelines, but know that the second you're being announced Matt, that there will be screams coming out of this old house in the 'dotte!!! Soak it all in, take a lot of pics, and give God the glory in all things!!! 

 Please join me in praying for Matt and Danielle!!! I don't know of anyone who deserves this more!!!! Go Angels!!! (and Go Tigers!!!...can't go without saying that!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment