Thursday, December 26, 2013

This is not going to be a popular post


Spoiler Alert:  This is not going to be a popular blog post....

Yesterday was Christmas, so that means that New Year's is next week.  Along with that day come New Year Resolutions. I can say honestly, that I have NEVER kept a resolution I made.  I didn't lose 30 pounds, run a half marathon, read my Bible all the way thru or bring world peace. Usually by February, I've already stopped doing what I said I was going to accomplish in the new year, and feel like a loser.  Anyone with me??!??!!!????

If you know me, you know that I love Facebook and Instagram...honestly I do.  But, in the last few months, I've found myself hiding or defriending/unfollowing people that I'm friends with, simply because they make me feel guilty.  Guilty that I'm not eating "clean", working out every day, following Dave Ramsey's plan, losing 3 dress sizes, reading TONS of mommy books, doing Bible study after Bible study, etc....

Am I happy for those people???  YES!!!  I'm happy that they've made that commitment to do those things, but I've come to realize that seeing that all the time doesn't make me want to do it too. It makes me feel like a loser because I'm not.  I've realized that I'm a MUCH nicer mommy when I DON'T get up at 5am to work out! It's amazing what that extra hour of sleep can do for me!! But hey, if you want to, and it works for you, by all means, do it!  

Maybe it's because I'm older, more cynical maybe, I don't know.  All I know is that I don't want/need a FB or Instagram friend to make me feel guilty.  I have 2 kids and that creates enough guilt anyway....am I screwing them up?  Am I making the right decisions in how we're raising them?  Should I get a job so that I can help with our finances?  I could go on and on....but my point is, I'm taking control of what I'm seeing, and what is making me feel better or worse about myself! :)

 All I know is that today was a pretty perfect day.... a lazy day on the couch, still in my pjs at 2pm, cuddling with my kiddos and hubby, eating cookies!!  I mean, what doesn't sound good about that!!????!! (and no, my cookies aren't "clean") But hey, that's just me....now, maybe that's a resolution I can keep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment